The Library will be transitioning to LibGuides v2 this summer (hooray!). This post summarizes the important points that guide owners will need to make a smooth transition.
- The migration will take place 6/17, but v2 guides will NOT be live at that time.
- Guide owners have until 8/1 to make changes in preparation for Fall semester.
A cross-Area group is available to help with transitional needs. Contacts and the kinds of questions they can address are as follows:
- Renee Reighart (UX): Usability, writing for the web, content best practices
- Jenn Huck (I&S): Technical transition details
- Jill Heinze (UX): Usability, supporting user research
- Tim Morton (CAD): Revised A-Z list; Resource metadata
- Chris Ruotolo and Michele Claibourn (AE): Managerial support
The migration group held an information session on 5/31:
A member of the migration group is reaching out to those content owners who wanted but were unable to attend.
After the 6/17 migration, training sessions will be offered that focus on refining and optimizing guides in the v2 environment. Sessions will be announced to staff once they are scheduled.
The UX has created and made available numerous resources to facilitate transition:
- Sample v2 Guide
- Highlights many of the new v2 features
- Migrating a Guide: Example (Athletic Training LibGuide)
- Guide Standards (a.k.a “Guide to Guides”)
- Includes best practices for presenting content based on UVA Library user testing, Springshare documentation, and secondary resources
- LibGuide V1 to V2 Transition Resources
We know that this transition is a lot of work for content owners, and we want you to know you’re not alone! If you have questions or concerns and aren’t sure who to talk to, feel free to contact Jill Heinze to find the assistance you need.
Thank you, guide owners!