What is User Experience (UX)?
- User Experience is defined by individual users and is the sum of their emotional, physical and virtual interactions with an organization.
Who are UVA Library’s Users?
- UVA Library users are the people who interact with the Library’s website, collections, spaces, resources, or staff.
Why your participation matters
- Consideration of our users and their needs is the foundation of our decision making. We rely on your feedback. By donating a small amount of time, you can make a large contribution to the User Experience at UVA Library.
Participate in UX at UVA Library
There are many ways to participate in UX activities that fit within your schedule:
- Usability tests – Allow Library staff to observe while you use our online systems. These tests can be done in-person or online, and are typically 30-60 minutes.
- Quick surveys – Answer questions via online surveys.
- Interviews – Talk with Library staff about your perspectives and experiences.
- Observation – Allow Library staff to observe how you use spaces and conduct work.